3.18.2010

Muse & Musings

GOOD MORNING!

I can not begin to tell you how long I've been waiting for today to come. Well, thats not true. I've been waiting about 11 weeks. Thats when I purchased tickets for Dan and me to go see MUSE in Houston!


I could not be more excited. I get off work at noon and Dan gets off at 1. We are going to head down to Houston shortly after to try to get a bite to eat before the SHOW OF A LIFETIME.

Maybe you think I'm being dramatic. Maybe you have different taste in music. As my Grandpa always said..."Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla."
I just don't understand people that don't like MUSE...err...I mean chocolate.

Gosh. I really should have taken the whole day off. Trying to sit here and work (which is clearly not happening) is like giving a kid a mug of coffee and a bag of skittles and then expecting them to sit down and do algebra. Not gonna happen.

Here is my concert buddy:

I just realized I have not properly introduced you to my boyfriend, Dan.

Dan and I met through a friend almost 3 years ago. We actually talked for about 3 months, on the phone, before we met in person.

Our whole relationship has been full of travel and adventures. I love that about us. I love that I know he always up for doing something exciting, but that he's also content just watching old movies with me, some nights. He truly is my best friend.

He's always willing to be goofy with me and he's the first boy I've dated that I truly feel loves me...just the way I am. All my crazy-ness included.

Like this time:


When I was living in Florida, the thought of hurricanes totally freaked me out.
Which is funny because most Floridians just see them as a wonderful opportunity to have a "hurricane party." What a bunch of weirdos! I mean, HELLO! There is a HURRICANE headed our way! Pack the bags! Board up the windows! Get the heck outta Dodge! As soon as I got word that hurricane Ivan was headed to the panhandle, I flipped out. Dan calmed me down and convinced me to stay inside before I began a massive panic amongst all Pensacolians (is that what y'all are called?)

Well, the electricity went out and the only interesting thing in the house were two little containers of Play-Doh that I happened to have in my purse. (yeah, you'd be surprised what you'd find in there) I invented a game called "as-soon-as-Sarah-calls-out-a-word-you-have-to-shape-the-play-doh-into-that-object"

This picture was a result of me calling out the word "Glasses!" I clearly won that round. Look at my sturdy glasses! Poor little Dan had to hold his on his face while mine stayed stuck to mine. Nice try Dan, maybe next time.

Oh, and how about this time:

This was during a walk on my parents ranch, last Thanksgiving. Dan was such a trooper when I kept telling him certain ways to pose while my sister took pictures.

See! Look how good this one turned out! I think its officially my favorite picture of us. :]

The first year Dan and I were together, I was still in Texas and Dan was still in Florida. After a few trips back and forth, I flew down to meet his Family on Thanksgiving. I told Dan that I would only fly to Pensacola if he promised me we could have root-beer floats on the beach before I left. I don't know why, but it just seemed so perfect and summery at the time. Well, 2 weeks came and went and honestly, it was one of the best trips I've ever made. We had so much fun! The last day I was in Florida, Dan was suppose to drive me to the airport. He started driving to the beach instead. I, having the worse sense of direction EVER, had no idea what was going on. Well, we got out to the beach and starting walking out to the water. Dan had his messenger bag (man-purse/murse) in tow. After we sat down, Dan pulled out a gallon of vanilla ice cream and a liter of root beer. :] The funny thing is...I had had so much fun on the trip that I had completely forgotten about the promise. He didn't.

So 2 hours before I flew back to Austin, we sat on the beach eating root beet floats with our hands and laughing about how sticky we were. It was perfect.
So there's my "meet my boyfriend" post. After all that was said I'm even more excited about going tonight. I always know its going to be an adventure when I'm out with my Love...



5 comments:

  1. For those of you that have not had the pleasure of watching and listening to Sarah talk about her love, Dan the pink Play-Doh wearing guy seen above, you are missing the sweetest face ever. She sparkles when she talks about him and even though sometimes I want to vomit from the sugar rush, it is truly the stuff that REAL love is made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) y'all are truly the cutest couple alive! HAHA! so goofy... I'm glad to call you both friends! :) I hope y'all have a BLAST tonight!! I'll just be wandering around downtown sxsw listening to bands I don't even know, while y'all are listening to MUSE one of the greatest bands!! JEALOUS! Have fun! Take pictures! AND leave a message on my phone of a crazy-loud muse song that I wont even be able to make out through all the screaming, ok?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! It's nice to meet you Dan!! We are gonna have to do reintroductions very soon if we don't see you guys soon! It's been a year. A year, I tell ya!!
    Now... next post... our story... just leave out a certain unforgettable weekend! haha! J-K J-K good friend!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! new post already! Stop watching Tooth fairy and write it already! ;) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and what a concert it was!!! best. show. ever.
    and we kind've had a little adventure...sorta...kinda...looking for food..eating at the place w/ the sketchy/quirky servers...who refused to tell me where the bathrooms were!! and then getting lost for an hour after the show...even though we had 3 iPhones in our company?!

    btw, this is Sarah B. (no, not YOU silly, the OTHER Sarah B. haha)

    I'm so happy you found such a great guy, you TOTALLY deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete