3.16.2010

Laziness overcame me.

Okay. How did this happen? I'm a new blogger and I'm already slacking!

Let me recap this weekend for ya.

Friday night: SXSW

Friday night was the opening night of South by South West so we had to go downtown and partake in the festivities. Its just part of being an Austinite. I mean... check out the line up of shows. And thats just tomorrows schedule!

There was something I did, however, notice about SXSW that I believe gets overlooked by most passer-byers. The street performers.
These guys are.....dedicated? Is that the right word? Or maybe its crazy? Either way, I always appreciate someone who is willing to work for their money, and boy, do these guys put on a show.

It doesn't matter if you don't usually become awestruck over wig wearing, bearded, crazy and a little creepy guitar players. They draw you in. Well...they draw me in at least.

It's impressive the things you see people do for money.


Like this guy, for instance. Was he just sitting around in his living room one night, thinking: "How can I make money? What talent do I have? OH YEAH! I can balance a guitar on my face and I can hula-hoop! Lets run with that!"

But there are the creepy ones. The ones that pretend to be statues but stare at you when you walk by. Yeah...those.

CREEPY


What do you think this guy tells his daughter when he tucks her in at night?

Daughter: "How was work, dad?"
Grim reaper: "Oh you know, just another day collecting peoples souls on 6th street."

I don't like the statue kind. At all.

When we were walking back to the car a kind pedicab driver took pity on me and Lisa. Maybe we were limping a little to much, but thank you Mr.Pedicab. My throbbing, high-heeled feet are forever grateful.

Saturday: Boston Day

I hate that Boston has to live in an apartment. I never meant for it to be that way but things are what they are. To make up for it, I try to take him to the dog-park as often as possible.

Saturday morning I woke up to find him cuddled on the bed with me. I don't know why, but Boston ALWAYS faces the end of the bed, so you can imagine the lovely view I have when I wake up. I think he does it on purpose. Anyway, he was so darn cute that I started talking to him right when I woke up. Bad idea. He started wagging his tail and popped me right in the eye. So I did what any normal person would do, i cried.

After I got my coffee fix and the swollen eye had gone down, we put on his "name tag" (collar) and headed to the dog park.

p.s. I got his collar at Dogologie in Fredericksburg. They have the cutest little treats, collars, and toys for dogs. Check em out!

We had a good, albeit exhausting, day at the dog park. We succeeded in making new friends, chasing squirrels, finding the only muddy patch in the entire park and getting every square inch of Boston (and me) dirty, fetching and making ourselves completely exhausted. Phew.

Boston, dear sweet dog. I love the stuffins out of you.


No matter how big you get, you will always be my buddy, roommate, park-date, pre-dishwasher-plate-cleaning, lap dog.


I love you, B.

3 comments:

  1. He is just the cutest chocolate lab there ever was. Boston, don't hit your mommie in the face, be easy with that gigantic lovable tail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston IS the best lap dog ever! And yes.. high-heeled feet are eternally greatful! I love being surprised with random acts of kindness like that... :) yay! keep blogging little lady! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murfey did not like this post. He told me that it makes him miss his dog park dates. In no way do I mean that I miss our dog park dates. nope. not.at.all.

    ReplyDelete