3.11.2010

...another mans treasure.

I have a Saturday morning ritual. Every Saturday morning, I wake up at the crack of dawn and roam around town searching for the perfect garage sale, coffee in hand. They are hard to come by, but once you find a treasure, you'll be hooked. I promise. In fact! If you want to preserve your Saturday mornings as "sleeping time,"
I highly recommend steering clear of garage sales all together.
Trust me folks, its addicting.
I found this table at a thrift store in Austin.
When I so graciously saved it from its dusty corner at the Caring Place, I knew just what I wanted to do with it.


Here it is looking ugly, dusty and tacky in my kitchen.
(Please note my beautiful cabinets.)

First things first: Sand that sucker!

Then I painted it with a high-gloss, indoor/outdoor, white spray paint. I prefer to use Krylon.

I didn't bother coating the top of the raised area or the bottom shelf because I had a little something special planned for them!

Something like this...


I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby for only 4 bucks a yard! Heck yes!

Here's what it looked like once I got the fabric stretched over the bottom shelf:




And now for the finale....


...drum roll please...

no?

okay, here it is.



I love it! It goes perfect with the chairs I re-did last summer, without being too matchy-matchy


Alright, my brain is officially mush.

Must...get...sleep.

I hope you all had a perfect Thursday and have an even better Friday!

1 comment:

  1. It's the best addition in our little apartment! You're so crafty! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete